We are looking for a DESO for Leicester City Football club, reporting to Heidi Doggett (District Event Lead). You will have overall responsibility for both Leicester City FC and Leicester Play on the Pitch matches (including any events booked by the club at either King Power stadium or Holmes Park).
This will include, but is not limited to:
- establishing and maintaining excellent rapport with the club, to be seen as the single point of contact representing SJA
- managing both SJA members and 15 members from CMS, working jointly with SJA
- maintain excellent rapport with local units and ensure all units are aware of all matches
- maintain excellent rapport with CMS members to ensure smooth joint working
- fully resourcing all matches booked by the club (12 FA, 1 DO and 1 Comms for each main game and between 2-6 FA for the play on the pitch matches)
- being responsive to last minute changes to the level of resourcing and acting accordingly
- engaging with volunteers across the District and wider Region to resource each match
- carrying out / delegating to a responsible person to ensure regular stock checks are undertaken so that all matches have correct levels of kit and equipment
- ordering replacement stock as required - ensuring all serviceable equipment is made available for servicing and promptly returned to the events once completed
- ensuring logging books are completed for every match and returned to Stevenage (either by completing yourself or nominating a responsible person)
- ensuring sign on sheets are completed for every match, hours are uploaded to DIPS and sheets are returned to Stevenage
- ensuring post event feedback forms are completed for every match (either paper or DIPS) and any paper forms are returned to Stevenage
- ensuring club paperwork (such as accident logs) are completed each match and stored/returned to the club as requested and that all documentation is GDPR compliant
- ensure PRFs are completed correctly and posted within the correct timeframe after each match
- ensure a competent lead name is in post for each event where you are unable to attend in person
- ensure radios are charged and available for each match
- ensuring the stadium pack is kept up to date and made available to the club/inspectors as requested
- ensuring compliance with correct and safe storage of GSL pack and other equipment
- attend as many matches as possible throughout the year to provide consistency both for the club and for SJ people attending
- delivering/ensuring lead name delivers a suitable briefing at the start of each match
- ensuring welfare for all SJA people attending each match including provision of breaks and ensuring access to refreshments
- inducting new members to the matches including carrying out/organising tours of the ground
- reporting any concerns, near misses, safeguarding issues via the correct channels
- ensuring all SJA people are comfortable carrying out their role whilst also having fun!
The successful person will be able to show the ability to establish good rapport both with SJA people internally, and with the club, whilst having excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and deliver every main match and every play on the pitch/other match during the summer.
The DESO could either be operational or a support member, but either way should be prepared to attend the majority of the matches. Even if unable to attend in person, the DESO will be expected to plan and deliver each match in full.
Closing Date for this role is Tuesday 4th February 2020