START are seeking new Fundraising Trustees to join their friendly and committed board to manage fundraising activities and explore new opportunities.
We are looking to create a fundraising team for START and need enthusiastic volunteers who are passionate about fundraising and raising awareness of our organisation.
Being a trustee at START will provide you an opportunity to have a profound impact on our charity and help support the local community.
At START, we use creativity to help vulnerable people from all walks of life improve their skills and gain in confidence. Our members often make remarkable progress and soon learn how to become valued members of the community, contributing in ways they themselves could never have imagined.
- To assist the Board to see the bigger picture; bring a fresh perspective to fundraising plans and strategy.
- Strategically assess where fundraising fits into the overall organisation strategy and to work with senior management to ensure effective income generation is being achieved.
- Contributing knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Carry out risk assessment at every fundraising stage, especially when considering new or ambitious fundraising strategies.
- Network on behalf of the charity to solicit funds on a peer to peer basis.
- Be an active champion of the organisation.
- Build relationships with potential corporate partners and other key influencers
- Someone with fundraising/income-generation knowledge
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission, Companies House requirements, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
- An understanding of the challenges facing small to medium UK charities in maximising income streams & donor cultivation.
- Full understanding of GDPR in relation to fundraising.
- Experience of diverse fundraising practices, including statutory funds, corporate and philanthropic giving would be advantageous.
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of digital or social media.
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector.
- A thorough understanding of the Code of Fundraising Practice.
The Board meets 4 times per year from 6:00 to 8:00 pm however this role would take more time to meet the commitments we would suggest approx. 1 hour per week.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.