STORM CIC provides innovative support and services to vulnerable people throughout the Leeds area. Our mission is to make the world a better place; we work primarily to improve the wellbeing of ethnic minority groups.
Description; What will the volunteer be doing?
Join us in this important Non-Exec Director level position.
- You will be responsible for devising the overall fundraising strategy for the network to allow it to meet its goals; preparing and implementing the strategic plan with the support of an active network.
- You’ll develop a robust, efficient and highly effective fundraising department to help meet the aims of the network's projects and services.
- Overseeing all fundraising activities, liaising with funding partners/organisations and leading grant-writing efforts.
- This role is also the networks go to person for all things related to overall financing goals.
What are we looking for? (skills, experience, knowledge)
- Ability to plan, develop and execute effective fundraising strategies – experience of this is preferred however we may be able to consider someone with a financial, banking or investment background.
- Bid writing and funding applications skills are desirable however not necessarily essential.
- Hands-on person with additional leadership qualities
- Great time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
You should intend to commit to the organisation for a minimum of 6 months