Volunteer as a Trustee with Straight Talking Peer Education and make a real difference to some of our most vulnerabe young people!
Here at Straight Talking Peer Education we employ teenage parents as peer educators to educate young people about early parenthood and relationships, enabling then to make responsible choices and keep young people safe from harm. We are a small but growing voluntary organisation with ambitious plans for the expansion of our services. We are a registered charity operated as a company limited by guarantee.
To help us grow at this exciting time, we are looking for experienced (including lived experience) members of the public to join our friendly Board. We are looking for up to three new members and are particularly keen to hear from people who have one or more of the following skills:
- Fundraising with strong networks
- Marketing or PR
Our Board meetings are held every two months at our offices in Kennington between 6.30pm and 8.30pm. On occasion, feedback and input on projects may be sought in between meetings.
The Board is responsible for setting the strategy and policies of Straight Talking Peer Education and guides and supports the Chief Executive and her staff. Responsibilities include:
- Setting strategic priorities and feeding into and approving the three year strategy and budgets
- Approving annual plans and budgets
- Approving key policies
- Recruiting trustee board vacancies as needed
- Monitoring and reviewing organisational performance indicators
- Keep informed of the ongoing challenges and performance of the organisation by reviewing reports to the board
- Help promote the organisation to potential supporters, service users and funders
- Representing the organisation in a positive manner
To apply , please send a CV and cover letter to Peter Glynne, our Chair of Trustees using the 'apply now' button in this page. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.