There’s never been a better time to get involved with Street Child. We are one of the most ambitious and exciting international development charities around and this is your chance to be a part of a dynamic and growing organisation.
Street Child is dedicated to helping children in some of the world’s toughest places into education. We are looking for a Communications Assistant to support our ambitious growth plans by helping us tell powerful stories about our work and to help us develop and implement an exciting new campaign due to launch later this year.
You will support our Communications Officer with responsibilities including developing and maintaining a media library, developing content for our social media platforms, website and internal newsletter as well as supporting the wider Marketing and Communications team in our biggest appeal to date due to launch in Autumn. In addition, you will have the opportunity to gain insight into the fundraising activities, programmes and projects of an internationally recognised NGO.
What are the benefits of an internship at Street Child?
- Opportunities to improve professional and personal skills through a wide variety of tasks and training opportunities;
- Our strong volunteer-led ethos means you will be given significant responsibility and meaningful work whilst giving you the opportunity to make a big impact for a great cause;
- Work as part of a committed, dynamic and international team;
- Develop an understanding of the structure and day-to-day running of an international development charity;
- Have opportunities to get involved in additional areas of our work that you may be interested in.
We work hard to create an inclusive, friendly atmosphere at Street Child. By joining our organisation, you will be joining a fast-paced team with big ambition and even bigger goals! After your internship you may have the chance to apply for opportunities in one of our London office or overseas programmes and see first-hand the impact of our work and the cause you have directly supported.
Successful candidates will have:
- A demonstrable interest and ability in communications especially digital.
- Excellent communication skills and a highly professional manner;
- Independent and capable of proactive work plan management with minimal support
- Keen interest in understanding and contributing to the development sector
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with the ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong administrative skills;
- An ability to be flexible, work outside of your specific duties when needed.
- Experience of using Photoshop would be helpful – but not essential.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible with the intention of committing to the role for 2-3 months, for a minimum of 3 days per week. Applications will be reviewed as we receive them.
The role is voluntary, but travel expenses will be reimbursed, and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Volunteer opportunities with Street Child are guaranteed to be both busy and varied and volunteers will have the opportunity to shape their own experience according to their skills, goals and knowledge. The role will provide valuable experience for someone looking to move into a career in the not-for-profit and development sectors or make a start in the communications industry.
Please send your CV and cover letter through the link provided.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.