There’s never been a better time to get involved with Street Child. We are one of the most ambitious and exciting international development charities around and this is your chance to join!
We're looking for passionate individuals who want to get involved with Street Child and help us achieve (and surpass!) our ambitious growth targets. The UK team work to communicate our programmes and fundraise through some of the most exciting events and volunteering opportunities around. We are looking for someone willing to roll up their sleeves and dig in to support us across the organisation to deliver our vision.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who wants to develop skills in event management and marketing. We are a fast-moving fundraising office who pride ourselves on our exciting and varied events and opportunities. We are planning for a busy Autumn events season, with a gala dinner in November, as part of our next 3 month campaign which will start at the beginning of October. This internship offers the opportunity to get involved in all of the above and more whilst gaining an insight into the programmes and projects of an internationally recognised NGO.
What are the benefits of an internship at Street Child?
- Opportunities to improve professional and personal skills through a wide variety of tasks and training opportunities
- As a fairly new organisation, you will have greater responsibility than your usual internship, offering the opportunity to make a big impact for a great cause. We expect the successful applicant to manage their own event and oversee all aspects of the event management.
- Work as part of a young, dynamic and international team
- Develop an understanding of the structure and day-to-day running of an international development charity
- Gain valuable database management experience
- Gain insight into both the not for profit and development sectors and there are always opportunities to get involved in multiple areas of our work.
We work hard to create an inclusive, friendly atmosphere at Street Child. By joining our organisation, you will be joining a fast-paced team with big ambition and even bigger goals! After your internship you will have the chance to apply for opportunities in one of our overseas programmes and see first-hand the impact of our work and the cause you have directly supported.
Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent academic credentials;
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with the ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English, both oral and written, and a highly professional manner;
- Strong administrative skills
- An interest in Africa, Asia, international affairs and/or international development is a bonus;
- Previous experience or an interest in developing experience in event management
- An ability to be flexible, work outside of your specific duties when needed, have fun and laugh along in a sometimes unpredictable environment!
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible and to commit to volunteering for 2-3 months for 3-4 days a week. The role is voluntary, but travel expenses within Zones 1-6 will be reimbursed and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements within reason (e.g. home and part-time working).
Volunteer opportunities with Street Child are guaranteed to be both busy and varied and volunteers will have the opportunity to shape their own experience according to their skills, goals and knowledge. The role will provide valuable experience for someone looking to move into a career in the not-for-profit and development sectors.
If you are interested in the role please submit your CV and a covering letter through the link provided. Applications will be sorted on a rolling basis.
At Street Child we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work and this post is subject to pre-employment checks.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.