We’re looking for 3 Stroke Group Supporter Volunteers, over the age of 18 years old, who will be pivotal to helping set up and then running a new Voluntary Stroke Group in the area.
Stroke Association Voluntary Groups provide long term social and peer support to people affected by stroke. They organise events and meet together to reduce social isolation and rebuild the confidence of members. Stroke group supporters assist in the running of one (or more) of these local groups and help support the group members.
Tasks in this role can include:
- Assisting group committee members in arranging activities and events for the group by providing information and contacting local activity and/or service providers.
- Supporting people to take part in activities organised for the group.
- Supporting Stroke Association Voluntary Group committee members in setting up and clearing away venues where the group meets.
- Meeting and greeting group members, including supporting new members to be welcomed and supported.
- Preparing and providing access to refreshments.
- Potentially helping with other tasks that ensure the smooth running of the group such as risk assessments, first aid and compiling user feedback.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for this role.
Stroke Association. Rebuilding lives after stroke.
When stroke strikes, part of your brain shuts down. And so does a part of you. That’s because a stroke happens in the brain, the control centre for who we are and what we can do. It happens every five minutes in the UK and changes lives instantly. Recovery is tough, but with the right specialist support and a ton of courage and determination, the brain can adapt.
We believe everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there.
We provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives.
Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join our team.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.