Ref: V126 | Voluntary Group Secretary/Administrator | North Oxford
We’re looking for a Secretary to join our Group located North Oxford Association community centre, Diamond Pl, Summertown, Oxford OX2 7DP
Stroke Association Voluntary Groups provide long-term social and peer support to people affected by stroke. They organise events and meet together to reduce social isolation and rebuild the confidence of members. Committee members organise and ensure the smooth running of the groups, and lead the team of volunteers.
Voluntary groups are run by a team made up of a Chairperson/Group Organiser, Secretary and Treasurer/Finance.
The volunteer will:
- Need to be over the age of 18 years old.
- Be available on the first Tuesdays of each month at the North Oxford Association Community Centre between 2pm-4pm and the third Tuesday of each month on Zoom. Some additional time for setting up meetings, committee meetings and communicating with Stroke Association employees..
- Need to be able to travel to the group.
- Be able to organise meetings and activities.
- Have a great eye for detail.
- Will work in a methodical way to support community activity.
- You will have good communication skills and enjoy meeting new people.
- Need to be IT literate.
- Have good administrative and record keeping skills.
- Be able to follow relevant policies.
Depending on your role, you will be individually or collectively responsible for some of these tasks:
- Planning and coordinating activities for the group to undertake, including inviting speakers, arranging instructors and arranging outings.
- Managing the group’s accounts (if required), including producing a monthly report, managing petty cash and acting as a cardholder on the group account.
- Chairing meetings, including an annual review meeting, to discuss the management of the group, and also taking minutes and circulating agendas.
- Keeping and maintaining membership records, including emergency contact details, and keeping in touch with members through newsletters, phone or email.
- Recruiting and supporting volunteers in the group and working with the local Stroke Association staff to ensure they are supported.
- Responding to any correspondence the group may have, including keeping local Stroke Association staff informed of the activities of the group
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, an Access NI check or membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme is required for this role.
Interested in this role?
Please click apply
Stroke Association. Rebuilding lives after stroke.
When stroke strikes, part of your brain shuts down. And so does a part of you. That’s because a stroke happens in the brain, the control centre for who we are and what we can do. It happens every five minutes in the UK and changes lives instantly. Recovery is tough, but with the right specialist support and a ton of courage and determination, the brain can adapt.
We believe everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there.
We provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives.
Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join our team
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.