Shop Assistant Volunteer
As a Shop Assistant Volunteer in our Allestree Sue Ryder charity shop, you will be one of the store’s friendly faces who will help us to provide the best customer experience whilst playing an important role in raising funds for our charity work.
Please note - we do have a minimum age requirement in our shops of 18. We regret that we cannot proceed with your application if you are not yet 18.
The Role – Shop Assistant Volunteer
• Donations and Gift Aid – meet donors, receive donations, sign donors up to Gift Aid
• Sorting, labelling, pricing of stock
• Greeting and helping customers
• Serving customers on the till (training provided)
• Maintaining shop displays, re-stocking,
• Light cleaning/tidying duties to keep the shop inviting and well presented
As a Shop Assistant Volunteer you will:
• Enjoy helping and engaging with customers
• Enthusiastic and pro-active
• Ability to work as part of a team
How you will benefit
• Make new friends and become a part of your local community
• Be part of a friendly team
• Learn new, transferable skills and enhance your CV
• Flexible working
• Volunteer discount on donated goods
• Travel expenses – we are happy to reimburse reasonable travel expenses for a minimum regular commitment.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.