Group and Events Facilitators
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Group facilitors are the people who will be supporting the Group Manager to deliver an inclusive and safe space for LGBT+ people. Sometimes we may ask you to help us attend the many events that happen in the Thames Valley. Full training is given as it's important you know how to report safeguarding issues and how to support our service users in the support they will need. There are paid staff positions that will be supporting you.
1. Facilitate the groups
2. Understand safeguarding our clients
3. Be strong on boundaries with personal and work engagement
4. Know who our clients are and the needs of the clients
5. Make sure we know what the service users want from our groups
6. Be adaptable if groups need to move to weekday evening for that area (we will discuss this before implementing)
7. All groups are in person
8. Make sure that the group areas are ready and health and safety has been considered
9. Travel expenses will be available if living outside of the area for the groups
What gets discussed at the weekly meetings with a line manager
a. Meet or talk to line manager after each session delivered
b. Safeguarding concerns
c. That a referral will be sent to our system*
d. Volunteer support and mentoring
e. Identify gaps in knowledge and delivery for volunteers
f. Support the Groups manager with bi-yearly surveys
g. Propose any recommendations for change to the Groups Manager for approval
h. Let Group Manager know of the attendance for each group
i. Support the need for reports for our funders
We cover Reading, Bracknell and Wokingham. If you can do any or all of these areas and the above is of interest to you please get in touch.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.