Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Closing date: 22nd October 2018
Interviews: 25th October 2018
Personal safety and stalking policy research
Our Policy and Development team needs a dynamic and efficient team-player for 2 days volunteering a week to support several projects including compiling research on a number of personal safety issues including use of body-worn cameras, online safety and violence and aggression in the workplace. Work will also cover our ground-breaking work on reform of stalking legislation, youth work and various administrative tasks.
We are looking for a confident, people person to join our team as a Policy Intern for 3 months. The role will include:
- Conducting in-house research around personal safety and stalking
- Monitoring parliamentary activity surrounding Stalking Protection Orders
- Supporting monitoring and evaluation of ongoing projects
- Communicating with people by phone and by email
- Minute taking, letter-writing and attending meetings
- Administrative support of the Policy and Development team
Full training on policy issues will be given so previous experience in these areas is not mandatory.
- Research skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage own work-load
- IT literate in several Microsoft packages
What will you gain from this experience?
- An opportunity to learn and develop valuable transferable skills
- Gain experience in the charity sector
- Expenses will be reimbursed in line with Suzy Lamplugh Trust policy
You should be:
- able to commit to two days a week (around 14 hours) for at least 3 months
- committed to equal opportunities policies and practices
Please submit a CV and one page covering letter when applying.
Please note, successful applicants will be asked to complete a written task as part of the interview.
Please note, we ask for a minimum commitment of 3 months volunteering with us here at Suzy Lamplugh Trust.
Where are we?
We are based in the London Borough of Lambeth.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.