We are looking for a very special volunteer intern at Talk for health, a small but acclaimed social enterprise whose aim is to demystify therapeutic talk. This role is available as soon as possible and for a minimum of 6 months. Previous interns have gone on to gain paid employment as Programme Managers at, for example, The Health Foundation so this can be a good first step into third sector or mental-health related programme management.
Talk for Health is run by accredited Psychotherapist Nicky Forsythe. We teach ordinary people the basics of therapeutic talk and set up ongoing peer led groups for wellbeing.
Currently we deliver our programme in Islington, funded by the NHS and other funders.
This volunteer role will be for 20 - 30 hours a week and we will pay expenses. Hours can be flexible, though we expect that most work will need to be done during working hours.
You will be involved in: booking and checking venues; promoting and filling training programmes; registering participants; data collection and entry; follow up interviews with participants; stocktaking, ordering and preparing training materials, managing volunteers – for example, ensuring they do DBS checks and Safeguarding training.
The right person will be:
- Able to spend:
- 5 mornings a week at our home based office in NW3
- 1 or 2 further half days a week in Islington when needed
- Extremely well organised
- Skilled at managing complex projects, planning ahead and making sure things run smoothly
- Committed, hardworking, and with a can-do attitude to solving problems
- Skilled with Excel and Microsoft 365 as well as, ideally, any or all of: Wordpress, CRM systems, Project Management software, Eventbrite, Facebook and Twitter
- Able to communicate well with a range of people, from senior managers and professionals to people in distress
This role will suit someone who wants to build experience with programme management in the not for profit and mental health sectors
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.