How to apply
We have a fantastic team of volunteers at Thames Hospice and we'd love for you to join us! It costs £7m per year to run the Hospice; our Retail Assistants play a crucial part in enabling us to offer our services to patients and their families for free.
Retail Assistants help us to raise funds in our shops by carrying out a variety of interesting tasks. Volunteering is a fun and sociable to put your skills to good use or learn new skills, all while making a massive difference to the lives of patients in your local area.
1. Talking to customers and making them feel welcome in the shop.
2. Advising and helping customers as they browse.
3. Receive, sort, price and prepare for sale, donated and new bought-in-goods.
4. Operating the till and dealing with various types of payment.
5. Answering customer enquiries.
6. Keeping an eye on the security of the shop.
7. Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
8. Promote Gift Aid, the Hospice Lottery and other incentives.
1. Be interested in the work of Thames Hospice.
2. Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Have the ability to get along with people and work as part of a team.
4. Have basic numeracy skills.
Length of commitment: Flexible.
You must be over the age of 16 and have finished secondary school education.