Job Title: Legal Caseworker Intern
Duration: 4 months
Days per week: At least 3 days a week
Start date: September 2019
Based: Bloomsbury, London
Description: Generally, Interns assist the Legal Director and Legal Project Managers with all aspects of preparatory work for the AIRE Centre's legal advice services and cases pending before the ECtHR, including:
- Legal research in support of cases
- Correspondence with the client, the court or other legal professionals
- Accompanying the legal team during hearings
- Keeping effective files
In addition to the above, interns may be requested to assist with:
- Undertaking research for articles, both for publications of the AIRE Centre, and for outside journals/publications.
- Undertaking projects in which the AIRE Centre is asked to take part;
- Legal research for the advice service
- Attending meetings/conferences/seminars on behalf of the AIRE Centre.
All Legal Work is supervised.
To be eligible you must:
- Have a completed law degree/GDL or equivalent
- Have a good understanding of the areas of Law in which the AIRE Centre works (EU Free movement, EU Migration, asylum etc)
- Have a good standard of written and spoken English.
All of our internships are unpaid; however, we do cover up to £12 of expenses for travel and lunch for the days worked at the office.
To apply, please send the following:
- Completed application and equality monitoring form
- A copy of your recent CV
- An example of a legal piece you have written (approximately 500)
Applications will not be considered unless all the documents requested are completed
DEADLINE: Midnight FRIDAY 30 AUGUST 2019
Interviews will be held in SEPTEMBER 2019 (tbc)
Telephone/Skype interviews can be conducted for overseas candidates