Governor / Trustee
The Aldgate and Allhallows Foundation is an independent educational charity that awards grants to schools, organisations and individuals in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets and the City of London.
We're currently looking for a new Governor to join our Board and help ensure the effective delivery of our grant-making priorities, guide our strategy and represent the Foundation at various external events.
If you're passionate about education and willing to use your skills to make a positive impact on the lives of young people, we encourage you to apply.
We seek to have a diverse Board, and we encourage applications from ethnic minority communities, younger people and those with lived experience of education in our area of benefit.
The Board is responsible for the the Foundation's governance, strategy and grantmaking decisions. The role of a Governor involves a wide and engaging range of duties, working together with colleagues on the Board and professional advisors to ensure we achieve maximum impact in the present, while safeguarding the sustainability of the Foundation for the long term.
Established in 1895, the Foundation is an amalgamation of three much older trusts founded by Sir Samuel Starling (1675), Anthony Death (1679), and Alderman James Hickson (1686) to provide funds for education or trade training for young people from the City of London and East End.
The Foundation is currently based at 31 Jewry Street in the City of London and is administrated by the staff of The Portal Trust. In recent years, grants totalling approximately £150,000 per year have been awarded by the Board to organisations and individuals.
- Salary: The position is unremunerated, but reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- Hours: The time commitment required will be around four days per year, for preparation and attendance at Board meetings, Governor Away Days and external events.
- Term: The appointment will be for a three year term of office, with a possibility of renewal.
- Selection: Applicants with the most appropriate mix of qualifications and experience will be invited to attend an interview. The interviews will be conducted in in December 2023 or January 2024
- Closing Date for Applications: 30 November 2023.
To apply, please read through the attached Board Recruitment Pack and send your CV, completed application form, Personal Statement, Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and Verification of knowledge of board and staff members via CharityJob or by email.
If you have a query, please feel free to contact us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.