Lead Volunteer at Bradford Coroner's Court
Bradford, West Yorkshire (On-site)
Unpaid role, expenses paid
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Lead Volunteer Role Description
- To update the Volunteers’ Rota from the Court diary and ensure that each Volunteer in the team and the CCSS office has a copy. Wherever possible, the Rota should be kept on a computer for updating and emailed to the rest of the team and the office.
- Ensure sufficient numbers of Volunteers are on duty for effective and appropriate support for bereaved families and witnesses who attend the Inquests.
- To arrange and re-arrange the Rota between the Volunteers, noting any holiday or leave of absence dates.
- Ensure a finalised Rota is sent to the office at the end of each month in order for volunteer expenses to be checked and processed.
- To ensure that all the Volunteers have each other’s contact details and the Volunteer emergency contact details are included in the court file and updated when changes occur.
- To ensure monthly and yearly statistics are kept up to date and to send the Monthly Statistics to the Volunteer who collates the stats at the end of each month.
- To ensure there are sufficient Report Forms for the Volunteers’ use if collecting stats in paper format. If alternative methods of collecting stats are used, to ensure that the team are all using the same method.
- To inform the Operations & Training Manager and the CCSS office of the need for more Volunteers or of any leavers.
- To assist with the recruitment interviews and induction of new Volunteers.
- Responsible for the support of new Volunteers and their final sign off. Where the Lead Volunteer has concerns about the level of support required or the competency of a new Volunteer, they should refer those concerns to the Operations & Training Manager.
- To organise Volunteer team meetings (minimum of 3 meetings per year) and to inform the Operations & Training Manager and the CCSS office via email of the dates of these so they can attend if necessary/appropriate.
- To immediately refer any serious concerns raised by the Coroner or Coroner’s Officers to the CEO.
- To inform the CEO immediately of any issues or concerns that arises at the Court that might impact on the CCSS.
- To provide local information for the Helpline Court Information Sheet when requested.
- To ensure the team follow the practices of the court and work in partnership with the court staff.
- To forward any testimonials about the support provided by our volunteers to the CCSS office.
- Responsibility for maintaining the stock of CCSS leaflets.
- Organise cover for themselves when they are on holiday or need to take time off.
More about The Coroners' Courts Support Service
Posted on: 21 November 2023
Closing date: 19 February 2024 at 23:59
Tags: Admin, Advice, Information
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.