Fairtrade is a movement for change that works directly with businesses, consumers and campaigners to make trade deliver for farmers and workers.
Fairtrade is a global movement with a strong and active presence in the UK, represented by the Fairtrade Foundation.
The international Fairtrade system (of which the Fairtrade Foundation is a member) works on behalf of farmers and workers to drive sustainable livelihoods, empower producers and workers, and make trade fair.
The Brand & Marketing team sit within the larger Public Engagement Directorate, which also comprises Press, Campaigns and Digital.
It’s a busy time for the Marketing team, who are about to enter planning season and have multiple campaigns coming up. The team are specifically looking for support on a variety of tasks in relation to their B2C Christmas Advent Campaign and B2B communications.
You’ll have the chance to see how the Christmas Advent campaign evolves over time, and play an essential role in seeing this fun, festive campaign come to life.
This could be an opportunity for a junior marketer or copywriter, with interest in the skills of a Marketing Assistant/Executive.
Home-based with opportunities to visit the office if desired
Ideally 2-3 days a week from beginning of October – end December 2021.
What you could be doing:
- Copywriting, which includes both drafting copy and working with copywriting colleagues to get copy signed off
- B2C Christmas Advent campaign
- Fun competition questions
- Social media adverts
- Partner profiles
- B2B LinkedIn posts
- B2B blogs and case studies
- B2C Christmas Advent campaign
- Supporting with our B2B webinar
- Working with the Creative team to develop a new campaign asset
- Creating an Eventbrite page
- Website Data Entry
- As a part of the Christmas Advent campaign, to add in all relevant copy and fun festive questions to each day of the calendar in the back end of the CMS.
Additional opportunities available depending on special interests
Please note that tasks may change in line with the needs of the team/organisation.
The skills you need:
- An interest in marketing
- Excellent written English
- Attention to detail
- Administrative skills
- IT proficient
What’s in it for you:
This is a chance to gain Marketing experience at a high profile, international non-profit organisation, whilst working in a friendly, collaborative environment. You will be supporting our mission to make trade fair by helping to raise awareness of the Fairtrade brand, whilst having some festive fun at the same time. It’s also an opportunity to learn about the different roles within a Brand & Marketing team and get a feel for non-profit organisations generally, as well as working with other stakeholders in the organisation.
Our Marketing Volunteer could gain skills and experience of:
- B2B and B2C Marketing
- Digital campaigns
- Social media content planning
- Creative briefing
- There are also potential opportunities to shadow team members if there are special areas of interest, e.g. learning about brand, artwork approvals, campaign strategies and email marketing.
This volunteering arrangement is not intended to be legally binding or to create a contract.
We regret that we are unable to assist non-UK residents who are planning to volunteer during a short stay in the UK with visa applications, finding accommodation etc.
The Fairtrade Foundation is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.