What will I be doing?
- The Kids Network is looking for committed, fun and passionate volunteers who live in or around Hackney to make a difference to the children of London. Our structured mentoring programme supports 8 -11 year old's based in Hackney, to support with their social and emotional development before they transition into secondary school.
- As a mentor, you will hold weekly one on one sessions of 1 -3 hours. You will help to build confidence, resilience and help your mentee to manage feelings through a series of fun and positive experiences and activities.
- The weekly sessions can be flexible between weekdays and weekends.
- You will also get to meet fellow mentors through our peer network!.
- *Covid-19 Safety Volunteering Precautions*. Weekly mentoring sessions will be in line with the government guidelines. This means sessions could be face to face, and then perhaps phone sessions in an interim period if necessary. For many children the mentoring will be an imperative time for them to have connection and support.
What impact will this have?
- Help build resilience and confidence in a child!.
- Learn from fellow mentors with our amazing peer network.
- Help a child as they transition from primary to secondary school.
- This is a year long mentoring programme. We ask that you are ideally able to volunteer once a week for 1-3 hours.
- There is flexibility between weekend and weekday mentoring sessions.
- Volunteers have a budget of £30 per month. We are also able to cover travel expenses.
- A DBS check is required
- All volunteers will go through training. This is currently virtual.
- The training includes safety inductions, understanding what mentoring is and skills to bring to the role.
- We also have monthly mentor meet ups which provide continual support for the mentors.
- Mentors will have a direct contact at the organisation, their Volunteer Coordinator (VC). VC's provide support, encouragement and advice throughout the whole year of your mentoring.
We particularly encourage applications from Men and PoC candidates as we continue to build our culture of diversity and representation in the organisation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.