The Light and Leadership Initiative (LLI), a non profit working in Huaycán, Lima, Peru, is searching for an intern to lead our Women's empowerment program. The women’s empowerment program is focused on financial education with the goal of increasing women’s capacity for personal money management and to increase women’s capacity for starting and managing a small business.
- Overseeing the finance program
- Management of the program budget
- Communicate with current and potential teachers, seeking out local/Peruvian teachers first
- Coordinate and/or lead social events in order to increase the sense of community among our participants
- Promoting the program within the Huaycán community
- Possibility for teaching at least one Computer Literacy Certification Course
- Train volunteers and oversee childcare for women’s program participants
- Monitor and Evaluate the program
- Helping to develop the program, in line with our program goals
- Potential to participate in grant writing for the program
- Participate in weekly management meetings with the rest of the LLI team
- Be flexible and able to support the organization in other tasks if needed
- Potential for overseeing and directing Women’s Program Interns
The requirements we are looking for in a manager...
- Highly motivated by women's issues & education
- Advanced Spanish (written and oral)
- Must have a relevant BA degree (eg. languages, development studies, economics, social science, education, business studies).
- Must be able to work independently
- Time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a multicultural team
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Previous nonprofit experience (helpful, but not required)
- Business knowledge, or experience in a small startup (helpful, but not required)
- a monthly phone stipend to cover work-related costs,
- the opportunity to work and gain management experience with a non-profit
- Opportunity to engage in 360 feedback (4 times a year)
- Feedback and progress reviews from Managing Director
- Make an impact in the Huaycán community
- Opportunities to bring your own ideas to the program (as long as these ideas are sustainable, affordable and in line with our Program Goals)
We are looking for a lead manager to start on January 10, 2020 and stay until December 9, 2020. This is an unpaid position that includes Room and Board (meals and housing) which are provided during your stay at the Volunteer House, located in Huaycán in addition to obtaining a special visa (cooperante) during your stay. Volunteers are responsible for flight costs, insurance and personal expenses.