Reach Volunteering are working with the Matthew Tree Project who are seeking a new Treasurer/Trustee to join their board.
The Matthew Tree Project strives to empower and support people who have fallen into crisis, for whatever reason, to rebuild their lives and create a better, healthier, happier future.
They are looking for someone to join their board who is non-judgmental and has compassion and convergence with the ethos and vision of our organisation. They will also be able to demonstrate:
- Commitment to the aims of Matthew Tree Project and willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to Trusteeship.
- Financial qualifications and experience.
- Experience of charity finance specifically would be desirable.
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board.
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad-hoc basis.
What difference will you make?
Your skills and expertise will have a significant impact on ensuring the accountability of the organisation, maintaining an overview its accounts, ensuring its financial viability and that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
What's in it for the volunteer?
You will be joining a dedicated team, passionate about social justice, empowering disadvantaged people to build a life they are proud of.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please send a CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in applying for the role, how your skills and experience match the person specification, how you can add value to the board and any other relevant information.