We are looking for a volunteer to facilitate Maypole Active, our inclusive activities sessions for children with complex medical needs and special educational needs (and their siblings). Activities are led by the interests of the children attending the club and can take place on a 1:1 or group basis
- Work with the Activities Lead before each club session to determine a programme of activities for the session
- Deliver the agreed programme of sports, games and activities at Maypole Active whilst adapting to the needs of individual children attending the session
- Allocate tasks and activities to a team of volunteers who will be supporting you on the day
- Work with children 1:1 or in small groups depending on the needs of individual children
- Help set up and clear away at the beginning and end of the sessions
- Facilitate a briefing and de-briefing session before and after the club with the volunteer team to help evaluate the skills, strengths and weaknesses of the children after each session
- Liaise with the Activities Lead in case of questions/difficulties
- Follow The Maypole Project policies and guidelines at all times whilst volunteering
Maypole Active sessions currently take place after school in the early evening during term-time. Volunteers are asked to give 2 hours per session plus planning time.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.