Co-ordinate information stands and collections at local community events to help us fundraise and promote the work of The Maypole Project.
What will I do?
- Take the lead in co-ordinating information stands and collections at local events providing information on the charity’s work and managing small scale activities such as tombolas
- Co-ordinate other volunteers on the day who will be there to support you
- Provide any monies collected to the charity promptly and in the sealed containers provided
- Full training will be given in this role and all materials, posters, leaflets etc. will be provided
Time commitment: Specific times will be agreed depending on the volunteer’s availability. A willingness to volunteer during unsociable hours, e.g. weekends, would be needed
Location: Out and about in your local community and surrounding area in South London and Kent
What will I gain?
- Opportunity to meet a variety of new people
- Experience of events and fundraising in the charity sector
- Satisfaction from supporting our work with families with children with complex medical needs
- Become part of a friendly staff and volunteer team at The Maypole Project
What skills will I need?
- A good communicator
- Good general fitness to put up banners and carry small items of equipment
- Enthusiastic and positive in your support of the work of The Maypole Project
- Able to use your own initiative and work in an independent and proactive manner
- Able to travel to different events and locations at different times, preferably with your own car to take equipment, charity literature and other items
About The Maypole Project
The Maypole Project provides a lifeline of support for children with complex medical needs and their whole family. We provide a range of support services to all members of the family from diagnosis through treatment and beyond.