Raise awareness and promote the work of The Maypole Project by attending events to give talks about the charity’s work as well as speaking about our work to your networks and local community
What will I do?
- Deliver talks and presentations to local organisations and community groups e.g. WI, Round Table, Rotary, schools, multi-faith groups etc.
- Attend cheque presentations and officially thank donors for their support
- Keep up to date with current work and projects at The Maypole Project
- Encourage individuals, local organisations and groups to fundraise and/or volunteer on behalf of The Maypole Project
- Full training will be given in this role and all materials, leaflets etc. will be provided
Time commitment: Flexible depending on the volunteer’s availability. A willingness to work unsociable hours e.g. morning assemblies, early evening meetings and weekends would be appreciated but we also have opportunities to give talks during the day in the week.
Location: Out and about in your local community and surrounding area in South London and Kent
What will I gain?
- Opportunity to meet a variety of new people
- Experience of marketing and fundraising in the charity sector
- Satisfaction from supporting our work with families with children with complex medical needs
- Become part of a friendly staff and volunteer team at The Maypole Project
What skills will I need?
- A good communicator with an interest/experience in speaking to an audience
- Sociable, adaptable and reliable
- Confident in using DVDs and/or PowerPoint to demonstrate our services
- Enthusiastic and positive in your support of the work of The Maypole Project
- Able to use your own initiative and work in an independent and proactive manner
- Able to travel to different events and locations at different times
About The Maypole Project
The Maypole Project provides a lifeline of support for children with complex medical needs and their whole family. We provide a range of support services to all members of the family from diagnosis through treatment and beyond.