Assist the Activities Lead to support children and young people with complex medical needs and special educational needs (and their siblings) at our inclusive activity clubs. We currently run a twice-weekly sports/games after school club, monthly drumming workshops, bi-monthly soft play sessions and have a teen club in development.
What will you do?
- Assist with various sports, games and/or musical activities as requested by the children attending the clubs
- Work with children 1:1 or in small groups depending on the needs of individual children
- Help set up and clear away at the beginning and end of the sessions
- Participate in a briefing and de-briefing session before and after the club to help evaluate the skills, strengths and weaknesses of the children after each session
- Attend initial training (half day)
- Attend a 2 hour supervision monthly
- Attend 1 training/update session per annum
- Liaise with the Activities Lead in case of questions/difficulties
- Follow The Maypole Project policies and guidelines at all times whilst volunteering
Activity Clubs – Bromley
Soft-play & Teen Club – Beckenham
Drumming Sessions - Orpington
After school club sessions currently take place Monday 4.45pm – 5.45pm and Wednesday 5pm – 6pm in term-time
Bi-monthly soft play sessions take place on Tuesdays 5.30pm – 7.30pm
Drumming workshops take place monthly on Thursday 5pm – 6pm
A teen club is in development and will take place on Thursday evenings - times TBC
Ideally we are looking for volunteers who are interested in volunteering every week at one or more of these sessions. We are happy to discuss other arrangements with individual volunteers.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- High quality training and support
- Experience of working with children with disabilities
- Experience in the field of sports development
- Become part of a friendly staff and volunteer team at The Maypole Project
About The Maypole Project
The Maypole Project provides a lifeline of support for children with complex and life threatening illnesses and their whole family; aiming to relieve and help preserve the mental and physical well-being of children and young people who have complex medical needs. We provide a range of support services to all members of the family from diagnosis through treatment and beyond.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.