Making sure our volunteers and members are kept up-to-date with both local and national news is vital. Our communication volunteers use social media and newsletters to make sure everyone from our MS community is informed about any MS Society updates as well as upcoming activities or events.
We’re the MS Society – a community of people living with MS, scientists, campaigners, listeners, organisers, ambassadors and fundraisers. Our volunteers are a key part of achieving our goals and their support is vital. Join us.
About this opportunity
We are looking to recruit a Communications Volunteer for the Northamptonshire Group. The Northamptonshire Group would love to improve it's
communication and increase it's audience. It is a well established team of welcoming and friendly volunteers. The Group sends out a twice yearly newsletter and intermittent postings on its facebook page, but would like to do more! Can you help?
- Maintaining website pages
- Managing and moderating social media accounts such as Facebook
- Managing PR/press articles
- Writing and editing newsletters, eBulletins and promotional materials
- Supporting others to contribute copy for communications and within our data protection requirements
- Developing and editing case studies with contributors where needed
- Managing the circulation of information and reaching new audiences
We need you to get involved and help make positive changes to the lives of people affected by MS.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience within a large charity and develop your existing skills and learn new ones.
You’ll have an interest in the MS Society and the work that we do, as well as the enthusiasm to represent both us and our values locally. You will understand the needs of people affected by MS in your area and be sympathetic to the needs and motivations of volunteers. You will be able to communicate clearly in written and spoken English.