Fundraising Volunteer - Trainee (research, Development & Applications)
Our core mission is to improve the lives of anyone affected by cancer, including those with a diagnosis, carers, family members and bereaved relatives, by enhancing emotional, psychological, and physical well-being. The Mulberry Centre is a charity and relies on funding to support people through their cancer journey from diagnosis, through treatment and then post-discharge. We help them to start rebuilding their lives and promote self-management and we also support carers and family members to deal with these changes. We do this by providing counselling, complementary therapies, wellbeing classes, and supporting information, tailored to the needs of our users at, and around, our purpose-built centre in Isleworth. Our services are free of charge, but donations are always welcome. The Mulberry Centre is looking to develop partnerships with funders and major donors, corporate and community organisations, individuals and businesses in the boroughs of Hounslow, Richmond, and Ealing. The Fundraising Volunteer will work closely with the Fundraising and Engagement Manager to carry out research, engage by ‘phone and in writing with potential funders and partners, gain contacts, draft letters/emails, proposals and applications. This role would suit a graduate, someone on a gap year or someone looking for a career change who wants to gain the necessary experience to apply for an entry level fundraising job.
Time Commitment – Flexible, looking ideally for a regular commitment of 2 days a week for at least 6 months or longer term. It would be useful for applicants to indicate how much time monthly they are able to offer.
Work under the supervision of our Fundraising and Engagement Manager to:
- Research and contact individuals, businesses, trusts, corporates and community organisations to seek advice and information.
- Undertake follow up with calls/emails/letters to identify key contacts and maintain records.
- Promote The Mulberry Centre and the work we do with agreed up to date messages and information.
- Draft accurate, well-structured, attractive proposals and applications within an agreed brief.
- Write and showcase case studies we have already established and include/market these appropriately.
- Any other duties appropriate for the role and adhering to The Mulberry Centre’s policies.
Volunteer Skills Specification:
- Ability to gain and share knowledge of what The Mulberry Centre offers to people affected by cancer.
- Good admin and interpersonal/communication skills; confident speaking to a range of people.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to draft emails and letters, proposals, and funding applications and report content.
- Ability to work on own initiative but within an agreed brief.
- The ability to research existing and new organizations/contacts and keep records updated.
- The ability to record your activity and provide written evidence of what you have done.
- Confident and able to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational and time management skills, and IT literate.
- Enthusiastic about the work of The Mulberry Centre and keen to raise awareness of The Mulberry Centre articulate and inspire people to support us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.