Would you like to contribute to empowering local change makers with the tools to tackle the different effects of poverty?
The Powerbase Foundation are passionate about using entrepreneurial initiatives to solve the issue of multi-dimensional poverty – we teach coding to young people across Africa, increasing their earnings prospects; teach expectant mothers in Zambia and Nigeria how to have a safe pregnancy and delivery to reduce the rate of preventable maternal deaths; and, provide essential menstrual kits to girls in rural Zambia so they can attend school.
We are looking for a Volunteer PR & Marketing Manager to be responsible for managing the public image of The Powerbase Foundation. You will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing and assessing information and communication strategies that present The Powerbase Foundation to the members of the public, and other interested parties. Specific tasks for this voluntary role include.
- Develops and puts in place communication campaigns and strategies for The Powerbase Foundation.
- Plans public relations programs, including developing budgets.
- Helps us develop and manage our brand identity.
- Communicates The Powerbase Foundation’s strategies and issues to management team.
- Represents The Powerbase Foundation in discussions with government departments, special interest groups, and other organisations.
- Responds to media and public enquiries.
- Arranges interviews with media outlets.
- Prepares and distributes press releases.
- Writes, edits, and produces newsletters, brochures, and other publications for The Powerbase Foundation.
- Assists The Powerbase Foundation with the preparation of annual reports, business profiles, and other corporate documents.
- Writes speeches and oversees the development of visual and multimedia aids for The Powerbase Foundation presentations.
- Organises and manages special The Powerbase Foundation events, such as open days, conferences, and fundraisers.
- Helps The Powerbase Foundation find suitable sponsors and trustees.
- Develops risk assessments and crisis management plans, and implements them to protect clients' reputations.
You will also need to have access to a suitable IT (laptop/ desktop) and workstation.
Why volunteer for The Powerbase Foundation?
As part of The Powerbase family, you would be involved with a forward-thinking organisation that takes a fluid approach to combatting poverty; being part of a team to have a positive impact on the lives of others.
As a volunteer, we will support you, providing you with a full induction to the organisation and the role. You will have an opportunity for you to be creative in a way that might not be possible in a larger organisation, enabling you to develop and showcase your skills to maximum effect.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with the following experience, knowledge/ skills and qualities.
- Experience working in the PR/Marketing Industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or Related Field.
- Good Problem-Solving Skills
- Good Research Skills
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Organisation Skills
- Basic Computer Skills including Understanding of Social Media and Design Software
- Time Management Skills
- People Person
- Interest in Current Affairs
How to apply?
Please click on ‘Apply’ and send us your CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you feel you're suited to the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.