Here at The Prince’s Trust, our job is to inspire, support and encourage young people to reach their full potential, and to work with colleagues across the UK to realise The Trust’s bold ambition to transform a million more young lives over the next ten years.
To realise our vision, we are looking to recruit a Digital Volunteer who will be responsible for leading our South Coast social media output, creating content for multiple social channels including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. We are looking for an innovative, energetic and passionate individual who can bring their strong teamwork and communications skills to the role.
You will be part of a wider marketing and communications team, able to draw on the expertise and guidance of specialist colleagues within the department. Your work will inspire a range of audiences as well as support our ambitious aim to recruit a growing number of young people onto our programmes through our digital channels.
This is a new role dedicated to the work of The Prince’s Trust in the South Coast which will raise the profile of The Trust’s cause, services, campaigns and events through a mix of digital marketing activities. You will report into the local staff team and be based in the South Coast Hub (Southampton) with further opportunity to do elements of the role from home.
There are no set days or hours for the role, however regular monitoring of the social media channels is required.
Skills and Experience required:
- Competent use of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Highly effective written communication including creative copywriting, accurate punctuation and proof-reading skills.
- Excellent copy writing and creative content creation skills.
- Use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to work unsupervised on own initiative, and to meet tight deadlines.
- Creative and enthusiastic, with a practical approach to problem-solving.
- Commitment to the aims, ethos and values of The Trust.
BENEFITS YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- The opportunity to gain experience of working within the charity sector
- Gaining digital marketing skills and social media management skills
- Taking on a new challenge and meeting new people
- Opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people.
- Reimbursement of expenses in accordance with our volunteer expenses policy
- Training and support to carry out your role
- To help lead the South Coast’s centre’s social media output creating content for multiple social channels including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- To manage social media community & conversations to ensure high quality stewardship of young people and other stakeholders.
- To work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to use analytics to help us better understand how young people interact with the Trust online.
- To support colleagues across the South of England offices with social media, working across multiple channels in a supportive role.
- To research and monitor activity of sector competitors to benchmark best practice across platforms.
- To support colleagues to write and edit copy and take photographs and video for use across digital communication channels.
- To research and plan for growth into other youth focussed social platforms.
- To undertake any additional duties within competence as requested by the Marketing and Communications Manager.
Other volunteering opportunities are also available at The Prince's Trust. Apply now to register your interest.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.