MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS AND SOCIAL MEDIA VOLUNTEER
Do you want to help to bring about wholeness in a fragmented world? Do you know about digital marketing and social media? Then we want to hear from you.
If you think that you don’t quite match the profile described below but still would like to contribute, please feel free to get in touch - we are always happy to hear from people who are willing to help!
The Psychosynthesis Trust is a small and busy charity who helps people reveal their full potential and become more of who they are. We offer personal development courses, professional training and counselling & psychotherapy.
We are looking for volunteers to support our Marketing & Communications Manager to develop new projects and strategies that will help us:
- raise awareness about psychosynthesis
- deliver maximum impact & reach, engage and inspire those who need our help
In return we offer flexible hours, and the opportunity to work at the forefront of a purpose driven organisation enabling human potential.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
The Psychosynthesis Trust is a leading training organisation in psychosynthesis, offering transformative learning experiences (personal development courses and professional training) and counselling to those who wish to learn more about themselves personally and/or explore their options professionally.
The Psychosynthesis Trust is a small educational charity that has a rich 50- year history in the UK. Our founders were pioneering leaders in education, psychology, science and spirituality and we continue to work at that nexus today. Our work is based on psychosynthesis – a transpersonal psychological model and approach that integrates the spiritual aspect of the human experience.
Our values and our culture consider the whole, both in terms of individuals and society, as well as from an organisational perspective. We orientate to working with the qualities of love and will, bringing the principles of curiosity, inquiry and responsibility to our work and to each other.
The Trust has an intention of playing an important role in one of the most exciting times in history – helping more people to finding meaning, purpose, wellbeing and a sense of place in an increasingly complex world. We believe that our work will help to enable an expanded sense of human consciousness in individuals and in society.
We are looking for someone to help our Marketing & Communications Manager to enable the Trust to fully express and amplify its identity, purpose, values, community and work in order to help more people. It is an amazing opportunity to join a passionate team, make a real change in the world whilst developing your skills and learning more about yourself.
This role supports the Marketing and Communications Manager to plan and implement social media strategies, events and other marketing projects. We are looking for someone who can help us run simultaneous campaigns as we need ongoing admin and marketing support.
- Start date: ASAP, March 2020 for a minimum of 6 months (incl. 1-month trial)
- Approx. 2 days a week for at least 5 hours a day, or 2 hours every day – there is an opportunity to share this role with another volunteer if you can’t commit to this number of hours
- Working from home / remotely
- Occasional meetings at our head office in London Bridge
- Social media
- Work alongside the Marketing & Communications Manager to plan and implement social media campaigns
- Raise brand awareness using social media platforms: organise posts and ads according to agreed strategy
- Help create and schedule social media content, writing copy and organising images
- Event management/admin support
- Work alongside the Marketing & Communications Manager to plan and implement communications about training and events
- Support event promotion from creation to registration and post event feedback
- Create and edit promotional pages on Eventbrite and social media pages
- Help create and schedule social media content
- General admin and support relating to other activities happening at the Trust, organising content, research, etc.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO:
- Show enthusiasm about what we do, want to help and have a willingness to learn
- Have technical knowledge and experience of marketing including advertising and promotion on social media (either through education, work or volunteering)
- Are able to write clearly, accurately and concisely with excellent writing English and impeccable grammar
- Have good analysis skills and great attention to detail
- Have good proof-reading skills
- Are comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Have the ability to multi-task and work within agreed timescales
- Have good IT, Microsoft Office and social media platform skills
An experience in a similar role would be a plus, although not essential. This role is also suitable for those who recently graduated and know a lot about digital / social media marketing, are proactive and can use their own initiative!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A chance to build your confidence and skills in marketing, communications and strategy
- To gain work experience and add to your CV providing references
- A chance to learn about Psychosynthesis and transpersonal psychotherapy from our passionate team and trainers
- Opportunities to attend PT events (where appropriate)
- Exposure to how digital and policy work operates and how communication strategies are developed
- Opportunities to learn about and gain experience of running events and campaigns
- Personal development
- Reasonable travel expenses (within London zones)
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Our values and behaviours are important to us – and as such we are looking for people who align and resonate with our values. This includes:
Wholeness: It is important for us to take time to see the bigger picture and the unity in multiplicity. We are interested in using different ways of knowing – the head, the heart and the body. We are motivated by serving the whole.
Love: We are looking for people who appreciate the strengths and potential in themselves and in others and supporting others in reaching their fullest potential.
Inquiry: We value an environment where we are learning as we go through our actions and taking time to reflect on what works, what doesn’t and what we need to do to evolve and adapt.
Will: We want to be intentional in our actions which are underpinned by strength, goodness and skill
Responsibility: It is important that we all take ownership to ‘know, master and transform ourselves’ and our relationships so that we can be of service to ourselves and others
HOW TO APPLY
If you think this opportunity could be for you, please apply here.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.