About The Project:
The Tottenham Youth Fund has been set up by Cllr Seema Chandwani and David Lammy MP, and managed by The Selby Trust.
The fund is a crowdfunding project, with an annual £2,000 a year start off donation committed by Cllr Seema Chandwani and David Lammy MP and work undertaken to raise more from donations from local businesses and residents. Young people from Tottenham can apply to the fund to resource they local youth project or centre.
Location: You will be based at the Selby Centre, in Tottenham
Hours: 1 day a week or 2 half days (Wed-Fri)
About The Role
We are looking for someone who can help with the administration of the Tottenham Youth Fund. Key tasks include:
- Updating the Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Updating the website with relevant information.
- Promoting the Crowdfunding page to increase funding income.
- Engage youth groups in Tottenham to learn about the fund to increase applications.
- Keep donors updated.
- Maintain accurate spending records for auditing purposes.
- Working with the local media
- Applications are due in every quarter and require:
- Collating of applications and acknowledging receipt
- Checking if eligibility criteria is met
- Preparing bids for the Decision Committee
- Informing successful and unsuccessful applicants
- Ensuring payment is processed
- Following up with successful bidders to obtain evidence of spend
The Tottenham Youth Fund is new and we’re exploring dynamic ways to raise money and get more young people to benefit, so welcome a volunteer with great ideas to achieve that goal.
- Great organisation skills
- Social Media skills
- Ability to use Excel and Word
Start Date: Ideally we would like someone to start in July. Interviews are planned for 11th July 2019