A fantastic opportunity has opened up to support a career development not for profit organisation dedicated to helping people thrive in their chosen careers.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager with experience in web content management who is passionate about making a difference.
The goal is to grow the online reach of The Steer Network across all social media channels. This role will involve having strategic oversight of social media channels as well as our website and potentially being involved in the day-to-day running of each channel.
- Updating, reviewing, editing and uploading content to our website.
- Create and execute a social media strategy that will inspire people to take action to support the causes they care about.
- Owning, developing and evolving our content strategy and style (including text, images,
- Managing content output that engages our audience and promotes our brand.
- Update The Steer Network social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn),
- Generate, edit, publish and share content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content.
- Create content calendars.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Some professional experience working in social media or marketing is desirable.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience using social analytics tools knowledge is desirable.
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Positive attitude and detail oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability.
- Great organisation skills
Key skills and attribute
- An entrepreneurial attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn.
- A proactive, service-focussed attitude towards clients and candidates.
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- An ability to prioritise work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times
The time commitment is 2-3 days per week
The role will be performed remotely.
As the role is as a volunteer, it is unpaid, but it offers a great opportunity to gain experience, while helping to make impact!