A bit about us;
The Transforming Autism Project is a new charity focusing on very early intervention for autistic children. Our goal is to truly transform lives by giving families where there are autistic children the understanding and practical tools to best support them. Our new Family Services (details here) are ready to launch as soon as lockdown is eased, and our ultimate goal is to open our own life-changing UK-based Mifne Treatment Centre (details here).
We challenge conventional perceptions of autism and offer our own radical and empowering perspective. You can see this in our TED talk, which has now been viewed by over 160,000 people.
We want all of our volunteers to strongly resonate with our values and working principles, which you can see here. To find out more about us in general, please view our brochure.
We are currently at a very early stage in our development, but are looking to make fast progress to make our services viable and help as many families as soon as we can. To that end, we are looking to create a team of capable and dedicated volunteers to ensure our success.
As we build towards our goals, it will become critically important to get our finances right and above board. We are dealing with very little money at the moment, but with our Family Services about to launch as soon as lockdown is eased, we’re hoping this will change very soon.
At this point, the key activity will be looking at where we are and making sure we have simple but also suitably scalable processes in place to ensure that our financial management can be both as light and as robust as possible.
As we become more financially established and active, we’ll need these processes to be well-managed on an ongoing basis.
This role is crucial for our smooth running as a charity and to ensure our funders, supporters and donors can be confident that their donations are being spent according to their wishes.
Some of the key areas of fucus that will be necessary will be:
· Auditing our current financial arrangements and assessing what we will need as we grow
· Creating easy to assimilate monthly reporting
· Ongoing Book-keeping
· Annual Accounting (and any necessary submissions – e.g Charity Commission)
· Managing and reporting on our Bank Account and our Donation Platforms
· Tracking donations, including ensuring restricted donations are set aside for their intended purpose
· Managing and advising on best practices for Gift Aid
· Creating simple and accessible documentation on financial processes
· Setting up and managing employee finances – e.g. payroll, pensions, expenses, etc
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.