Chair of Trustees and Trustee Vacancies
Chair and Trustees to ‘help give every young person in need someone to talk to’
TIC+ is the operating name of the charity Teens in Crisis- because we help young people who fall outside the teenage bracket as well as their families, we rebranded and are now known as TIC+. We support young people aged between 9-21 and their families through face to face and on line counselling. We are a self-referring, free access charity.
Last year, over 2,400 young people used our counselling services to help them cope. We’ve supported young people with issues such as depression, anxiety, bereavement, bullying, anger, relationship problems, low self-esteem and self-harm.
TIC+ is looking to appoint a new Chair and up to an additional four new Trustees.
The Chair of Trustees provides leadership and direction to the Board of Trustees, supporting them in fulfilling their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of TIC+. The Chair acts as a critical friend of the Executive team, (Director of Counselling Services and Director of Ops) and works in partnership to optimise the delivery of the charity’s strategy agreed by the Board.
TIC+ are looking for an experienced Chair with a vision for growth in a financially sustainable way Specific duties include:
- Leading the Board and the organisation to enable it to fulfil its purpose;
- Ensuring an effective relationship between:
- the board and the staff/volunteers;
- the board and the external stakeholders/community;
- To act as a spokesperson and figurehead when needed;
- To supervise and support the Senior Leadership Team (SLT); and
- To be instrumental in helping fundraising initiatives.
For more information on the role of the Chair/Trustee and the type of person we are looking for, please download either the TIC+ Chair pack or Information for Potential Trustees pack.
The Trustees, along with the Chair, are collectively responsible for the leadership and direction to the charity. TIC+ is looking to strengthen its board and is seeking up to 4 new Trustees to join its board over the next 12 months.
For Trustees, we are interested in a wide range of candidates. We are specifically interested in candidates who:
- Have a clinical background in Children & Young People’s Mental Health and/or
- Have specific skills in fundraising and HR and/or
- Have specific skills in legal practice and/or
- Have leadership experience on the board of a charity that has grown significantly in a sustainable way to deliver long term success
For more information on the role of Trustees and the type of people we are looking for, please download the Information for Potential Trustees document.
- Chair 8-12 hours minimum per month
- 4-12 hours per month
- The board currently meets 6 times a year and holds its meetings in Mitcheldean. The board also has a number of sub-committees which meet regularly. There is an annual away day, used for strategic planning
- There is no current maximum term for Trustees (although this is being revised) but a minimum term of three years is asked. Chair and Trustees serve a maximum of two terms of three years
We positively encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and this includes candidates from different socio-economic backgrounds and those who are younger than the average age of charity Trustees, those who have a disability and those from the BAME community.
For the Chair, we are specifically interested in candidates who have a credible track record of working in this area and who have the credibility and profile to influence key influencers across the spectrum. This is an important leadership role and we want someone who, working with our Senior Leadership team can help us to achieve our vision.
Deadline for applications: Friday 26 June 2020, although if the right candidate is found we reserve the right to close this process.
Preliminary Interviews with TIC+ : Week commencing 6th July Final interviews with TIC+ : Week commencing 27th July
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.