At our Ipswich Head Office, we have a number of office based opportunities available. These range from general office tasks such as dealing with requests and donations by phone, post, email and face to face to assisting with accounts and Gift Aid returns, helping with Shipping logistics and volunteer recruitment.
The tasks you might undertake are wide ranging and depend on the specific role selected but may include
- Answering the Phone and dealing with queries from TWAM collectors and members of the public.
- Populating Spreadsheets with details of Shipments
- Responding to letters and emails received
- Processing Donations on our Salesforce CRM Database
- Assisting with Accounts and Gift Aid Returns
- Sending out application forms and requesting references for prospective volunteers
- Sending ‘thank you’ letters to the many people who donate to TWAM.
You should have a friendly personality and be able to work well as part of a team. You need to be computer literate and if you are familiar with Microsoft Office, that will be helpful, but you won’t need to be an expert on all the systems we use as training will be provided. You do need to be organised and to enjoy a role where every volunteer shift may be different. You need an eye for detail and being able to produce accurate work is important. If you have previous customer service skills and are used to speaking to people on the phone, that’s a bonus! You also need to be good with spreadsheets if you are looking for an accounts or logistics role and accounts roles will also require a high level of numeracy and ideally previous experience. Finally, due to the nature of these roles, you need to be able to respect confidentiality
Our depot in Coventry also currently requires administration support. This will be of a more general nature.
We provide a full induction and a volunteer handbook on starting. You will have a named contact within TWAM for any questions or problems and further training can be provided as required. You will also be given a TWAM Polo Shirt and Fleece to wear.