Seeking: One winter intern
Dates: 20/09/21 - 20/02/22
Hours: 5 hours per week (3 x in-office hours - day to be arranged between parties, 2 x flexible hours taken either in office or at home as needed)
Training: Mon 20th September 2021
1 x 4 hours training to run through policy and media/programming role fundamentals
Cygnet Training Theatre is an independent educational institute and theatre. We want everyone to have access to quality, affordable, regional theatre. We train the next generation of performers by learning on the stage in front of a live audience.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to provide assistance with show/event programming and promotion, and to support the team with distribution of publicity materials.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. It will also introduce you to the basics of programming live theatre and events.
No experience necessary; full training will be provided.
- Social Media posts
- Flyer drops
- Newsletter drafting
- Promotion of courses, workshops and performances.
- Monitoring emails
- Sending booking forms
- Liaising with visiting companies
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- A passion and enthusiasm for theatre
- Minimum working age 18
- An ambition to enter arts marketing/management/programming as a career
- Flexibility with hours for market research, collecting data, during evening/weekend events
- Works well as an individual and as part of a small team
*Please note that this is an unpaid, voluntary internship*
How to apply
Please send a personal statement (no longer than one side of A4) detailing why you are interested in the role to info(at)cygnettheatre(dot)co(dot)uk
Closing date: 31st August 2021