icandance is a London based charity which nurtures creativity, learning and wellbeing in disabled children and young people through dance and movement. The charity caters for ages 4 to 25 years old.
The Secretary will be required to volunteer two days per month to fulfil the administrative requirements to support the board to prepare for meetings. You will be required to provide timely and accurate administrative and clerical support prior to these meetings as well as attending these meetings to take minutes. You will be required to be able to take minutes of each trustee meeting and disseminate to members of the board and executive team as required.
The Secretary duties/responsibilities are the following:
- Notify Trustee Board members of meetings
- Assists in preparing meeting agendas
- Keeps record of Board attendance
- Keeps accurate minutes of meetings
- Tracking and following up of actions raised at meetings
- Records all corrections to minutes
- Keeps copies of minutes of Board meetings and Board correspondence
- Distributes copies of Board minutes and actions to Board members promptly after meetings
- Makes sure members are notified of Annual General Meetings
- Keeps copies of the charity's bylaws and the Board's policy statements
- Effective communicator
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce notes and minutes in a timely manner for distribution and action by the Board
- Excellent notetaking and computer literacy skills
- Understanding of sensitivities relating to confidential information
- Interest in working for an organisation which supports families living with disabilities
- Experience of working within the charitable sector
To apply please send an introductory e-mail with an attached CV to?the HR Manager,?Penny Koulias,?on???