Job Purpose Summary: This post has been created to support the charity in delivering its day to day operations including oversight and development organisational processes, reporting, monitoring and evaluation, HR managing relationships with local partner agencies and groups. The post will work with a small team to ensure the charity is efficient, compliant and delivers high impact work across Brent.
Full time – 36 hours per week with some evening and weekend work expected. Annual Leave – 25 days per annum
Length of contract: 1 year (with a view to make the role permanent after performance and funding reviews)
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Develop and deliver on all actions points and deadlines as developed with the Director and board of trustees
a) Ensure the charity is operating efficiently and take action to improve its effectiveness
b) Supporting the fundraising and financial development strategies
c) Maintaining and developing standard operation procedures
d) Oversight of the performance of projects and supporting the team to ensure high quality e) Management of a small staff team, offering leadership, inspiration and accountability
f) Manage key functions within the charity, including financial systems, HR monitoring and act as the Office Manager
g) Liaise with funders and potential funders, ensuring positive relationships are maintained and TA is represented as required. h) Lead on project returns to funders, delegating as required
i) Work with the leadership team to embed a culture of continuous improvement
Personal Specification Essential: - A strong understanding and experience of operating a small-medium sized organization, its functions and governance structures.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong and mutual partnerships with like minded organisations
- Experienced of working with young people from chaotic backgrounds, with an ability to build positive relationships - Understand and experienced in delivering youth leadership programming
- Experienced in a leadership role and possessing evident skills in operational management - A solution focused disposition with an eye for troubleshooting - Able to nurture and growth positive external working relationships
- Astute and understands the youth, sports, and community agenda’s well.
- Able and experienced in managing high volume of tasks in a fast-paced environment. Desirable:
- Experience of developing and maintaining internal systems
- Experience of establishing and managing steering groups
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a related field
- Management qualification
Please send a cover letter along with a CV.