Islington Play Association is a vibrant, proactive children’s charity. Our aim is simple: We want an Islington where all children can play outside.
IPA believes that Play is what children do when they are allowed the freedom to explore their world. Our play places are unique, exciting places where no two days are the same.
IPA runs six adventure playgrounds, including one for disabled children, Paradise Park Children’s Centre and many other play projects across the borough.
As we look for new ways to bring in funding and keep all our services open in a time of reducing budgets and increasing needs, we are looking for resourceful, creative and committed people to strengthen our Board of Trustees. We are also specifically looking for a trustee who is willing to act as vice-treasurer. Expect to be amazed and inspired by what the children get up to and help us to make sure that more children get to play.
We are looking for three Trustees who:
- want to support adventure play and other children's activities in Islington.
- have personal integrity, good communication skills, are responsible, think independently, have common sense and vision.
- have an interest in and experience of play
- we are particularly hoping have knowledge and experience in finance, fundraising, the charity sector, children’s services or managing change.
- are committed to ensuring that play is open to and beneficial to all children, regardless of ability, race, gender.
These are non-remunerated positions (expenses paid) and all Trustees are asked to give approximately 10 days per annum for Board meetings, sub-committee meetings, annual away days and ad-hoc trustee panels. You will be joining a highly respected organisation in the world of play delivering excellent, high quality children’s services informed by the theories of playwork. You can be part of making a real difference for the children of Islington.
Please do not be put off if this will be your first trustee position as we welcome
energy, commitment and passion!
Apply now by e-mailing your CV and a brief statement (of no more than 250 words) outlining why you
are right for the role.
Closing date for applications: 27th July 2017
Interviews will be held on the evenings of 2nd, 9th and 10th August
Meet the trustees event: 20th September 2017
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.