The opportunity – role purpose:
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated self-starter to obtain or develop their research and proposal writing skills and play a crucial role in the Trusts & Foundations fundraising team by identifying prospective donors and assisting with the production of funding applications.
The role is offered on a voluntary basis in the charity’s office in Brentford, TW8 8JA and we are looking for a commitment of a minimum of two to three days a week, ideally for a period of at least two months but preferably longer.
In addition to working on the tasks as set out below, you will receive exposure to other aspects of fundraising, communications and marketing. The opportunity will give you an in-depth understanding of our operation overseas and how we measure our social impact.
- Identify suitable prospective UK and international institutions and grant-giving trusts & foundations for funding approaches against a set of key criteria
- Extract and capture key information to inform cultivation and application strategies
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of the research findings on Excel spreadsheets and our e-Tapestry database
- Provide support for the preparation of funding proposals and reports
- Assist the Fundraising Team with various ongoing tasks including administration and the organisation of events.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of retrieving, collating and analysing information from various sources
- Ideally, some knowledge of the range of resources available to prospect researchers
- Ideally, experience of working with and/or managing a CRM database
- Ideally, experience of preparing funding proposals
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills
- Excellent analytical and interpretation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records
- Effective time management, organisational and planning skills to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent MS Office skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook
Send your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation for volunteering for MicroLoan, your suitability for the role, and what you hope to gain from the experience. Please also include details of your availability in terms of how much time you can commit. Please note that qualified candidates may be invited for an interview before the closing date.
The client is happy to conduct telephone interviews for overseas candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.