Nationwide -Clinical Educators
The UK Sepsis Trust is looking for volunteer Clinical Educators to join our education team to deliver sepsis education and training by supporting our mission to stop preventable deaths from sepsis.
We rely on volunteer educators from the public, of all ages and occupations, to deliver some of our sepsis training/education sessions. Our Clinical Educators contribute to the education and assessment of healthcare practitioners and support The UK Sepsis Trust by disseminating training nationwide.
The role of a Clinical Educator is:
- To facilitate a variety of our courses ranging from one-day workshops through to training days for our accredited courses
- To develop materials and facilitate accredited programmes
Clinicians from any speciality are welcome to become a Clinical Educators. You do not need to be an expert on undergraduate clinical science but a strong interest in education is desirable along with some relevant teaching qualification/skills. We have educators from a variety of backgrounds including nurses, GPs, hospital doctors and allied health professionals.
The benefits of becoming a UK Sepsis Trust Clinical Educator
- Become part of the highly regarded UK Sepsis Trust
- Belong to a friendly, professional network with the core aim of improving patient care
- Train and develop a broad range of healthcare practitioners at various academic levels across multi-disciplinary settings
- Develop a range of training and facilitation skills
- Enhance your professional profile in the healthcare sector
- Attend a fully funded annual training workshop
- Gain opportunities to develop academic skills and competencies
Training and support
We provide and support all of our educators with professional development, induction and quality assurance. There is no prior training or experience necessary to be selected to join. We look for people of all age groups across multi-disciplinary settings.
The duration of the training session can range from an hour to a full day and is supported by yearly training events for all tutors and programmes. You will be invited to attend a training session and then ‘shadow’ an experienced UK Sepsis Trust educator until you feel confident to be involved in the training. There are also regular training/update days for volunteer educators to attend.
Although your work is voluntary, you will be reimbursed for expenses such as travel. You do not have to volunteer full time. It could be a weekly or monthly commitment that you fit around your work, studies or other commitments.
Rewards and recognition
We look to recognise the efforts of our volunteer Clinical Educators through annual awards, such as the ‘Clinical Educator of the Year’ award which seeks to recognise an individual or a team that supports us, provides an outstanding service and shows exceptional commitment.
We welcome people with experience of working in any setting. If this is you, please contact us for more information to find out more about becoming an educator for The UK Sepsis Trust.
We are looking for Clinical Educaters across England Scotland and Wales.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.