As a member of our Trustee Board you will uplift and scrutinise the strategic direction of UCASU. You will encourage the organisation to deliver a creative and exciting environment in meeting our aim of making student life better.
Specifically you will work collectively to:
- Ensure that UCASU works in accordance with the Constitution.
- Ensure that UCASU uses its resources effectively and does not spend money on activities outside its remit, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those activities are.
- Contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the Students’ Union, agreeing and monitoring overall strategy, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Safeguard the good name, reputation and values of the Students’ Union.
- Ensure the financial stability of the Students’ Union.
- Protect and manage the property of the charity and ensure proper investment of the charity’s funds.
- Ratify the appointment of the Chief Executive and monitor their performance.
Additional duties of the post
Trustees are expected to use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the Board of Trustees reach sound decisions (it is anticipated that External Trustees will help to ensure an appropriate range of skills, knowledge and experience). This will involve:
- Scrutinising board papers and strategic documents
- Overseeing discussions
- Focusing on key issues
- Providing guidance on new initiatives
- Providing guidance on other issues as required, in which the Trustee has special expertise
You will be expected to complete an Induction Programme and to participate in any training programme, meeting or conference considered relevant to the position. External Trustees should make themselves familiar with the Charity Commission’s guidance on external trustees ‘CC3’.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.