- Are you aged 16 to 26 year old?
- Live in London?
- Join UP LONDON as a Young Charity Trustee
We are recruiting a VOLUNTEER to join our new concept start-up that is passionate about changing young peoples lives for the better and helping to transform young people to succeed in life.
You will join us as a Young Charity Trustee, where you will take on a challenging and exciting leadership role and help us set up and manage our new charitable organisation, helping us get it registered and providing services to young people in the next 6 months.
Our aim is to provide a range of fun, interactive and structured informal educational programmes, training workshops and events, where young people will have access to positive motivational and inspirational role models to support, guide, challenge and help them develop their self-confidence and belief in themselves, increase their skills, critical thinking and resilience skills and get the tools, opportunities and experiences they need to help them succeed.
The VOLUNTEER Role
- Role: Young Charity Trustee (VOLUNTEER)
- Hours: Up to 2 hours per week for first 3 months, then commitment will be lowered to monthly for the following 3 months.
- Location: Central London (with some home-based volunteering).
- Taking an active role as a Young Charity Trustee, where you will get hands on is the set up and registering of UP LONDON as a registered charity with the Charity Commission.
- Leading on income generation through various sources including grant/bid writing with the whole board to ensure that we have the start-up funding needed to carry out the work we want to do and have the needed resources in place.
- Providing support, guidance and hands on help for our organisation and supporting our CEO to ensure that UP LONDON is a huge success.
- Creating a 3 year business plan and needed strategies with KPI’s to help ensure that UP LONDON is professional, has a clear roadmap and enables us to demonstrate the impact that we will be making.
- Attending regularly and giving 2 hours weekly to complete tasks and ensure we are on schedule for our roadmap to becoming a registered charity.
- Networking and building an exceptional reputation for the charity.
- As a small charity with no paid staff getting hands on and helping where needed, while being mindful of your role as Young Charity Trustee.
- Other duties required as a Young Charity Trustee.
- Previous charity, work with young people, education/learning background or senior management experience is desirable but not essential.
- Understand the challenges of setting up a new charity and organisation and willing to dedicate the time, energy and commitment to drive and setup the charity.
- Passionate about working with young people and transforming their lives.
- Putting young people front and centre of everything the charity does.
- A well-rounded leader with exceptional leadership, presentation, and communication skills and able to foster relationships with stakeholders at different levels and backgrounds and be an amazing spokesperson for the charity.
- Non-Judgemental, professional, collaborative, problem solver and good strategic mindset.
- Minimum 6 months commitment to the role (more if you can give) for up to 2 hours per week.
If you are up for the challenge and feel you have the experience, skills and qualities to make a great Young Charity Trustee, then we would love to hear from you, so get in touch for a short application form.