Youth Programme Manager (VOLUNTEER)
We are recruiting a VOLUNTEER to join our new concept start-up that is passionate about changing young peoples lives for the better and helping to transform young people to succeed in life.
You will join us as our Youth Programme Manager, where you will take on the lead of developing, organising and managing our youth programmes at UP LONDON.
Our aim is to provide a range of fun, interactive and structured informal educational programmes, training workshops and events, where young people will have access to positive motivational and inspirational role models to support, guide, challenge and help them develop their self-confidence and belief in themselves, increase their skills, critical thinking and resilience skills and get the tools, opportunities and experiences they need to help them succeed.
The VOLUNTEER Role
- Role: Youth Programme Manager (VOLUNTEER)
- Hours: Up to 8 hours per week
- Location: Central London (with some home-based volunteering).
- Heading up the Youth Programmes, including the setup and management of youth development programmes at UP LONDON.
- Recruiting, coaching, developing and motivating our youth programme volunteer staff team to bring the best out of them and ensure they are actively participating in the charity’s business.
- Managing day to day youth programmes at UP LONDON, ensuring we are making an impact in young peoples lives.
- Networking and building an exceptional reputation for the charity.
- Write grant/funding applications and ensuring the charity has all the funds and resources it needs to carry out its mission and objectives.
- As a small charity with no paid staff getting hands on and helping where needed, while being mindful of your role as Youth Programme Manager.
- Other duties required as the Youth Programme Manager.
- Previous experience in delivering youth programmes is required.
- Understand the challenges of setting up a new charity and organisation and willing to dedicate the time, energy and commitment to drive and setup the charity.
- Passionate about working with young people and transforming their lives.
- Putting young people front and centre of everything the charity does.
- A well-rounded leader with exceptional leadership, presentation, and communication skills and able to foster relationships with stakeholders at different levels and backgrounds and be an amazing spokesperson for the charity.
- Non-Judgemental, professional, collaborative, problem solver and good strategic mindset.
- Minimum 8-12 months commitment to the role (more if you can give) for up to 8 hours per week.
If you are up for the challenge and feel you have the experience, skills and qualities to make a great Youth Programme Manager, then we would love to hear from you, so get in touch for a short application form.