- Role: Young Leader (Volunteer Role) - Opportunity for young people under 25 years old
- Location: London EC3
- Hours: Flexible (Minimum 4 hours per month - mostly evening based 6-9pm)
Urban Youth is a new youth organisation that will be providing positive and engaging one off and short term youth work activities, programmes and events, creating a community of young people to help break loneliness and isolation, develop life and social skills and allow young people to be themselves, while giving them the opportunities and experiences to discover themselves and the world around them.
Our overall theme and mantra is #LiveLifeToTheMax and we believe young people should be given the opportunities and experiences to live their life to the full, love life and make the most of it.
We're on the lookout for a group of volunteer young leaders who can help Urban Youth set up and get started, while helping us to run our youth organisation being the voice and face of our new organisation, helping us be a youth-led organisation and having a say and impact in what we do.
You will help us to;
- plan, organise and deliver sessions to other young people
- assist in running programmes and events
- engage young people on the street and in other environments, promote Urban Youth locally, putting up posters and handing out flyers, manning information stalls, etc
- give us your ideas, suggestions and help us run Urban Youth, giving us the youth led focus we aim for
- assist us in recruiting volunteers, such as interviewing and at induction events
- fundraise helping us generate income for Urban Youth
- create YouTube and TikTok videos to express the needs of young people and also promote Urban Youth on social media and our website
- be an ambassador at internal and external meetings and events, being a good role model and showcasing the positive attributes of young people
As a Young Leader, you need to be trustworthy, approachable, confident, able to talk and engage with young people and adults, always on time, non judgemental and become fully part of the Urban Youth family.
Team Urban Youth
Get Involved I Make A Difference I Join Our Community