We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed HR Trustee to join our Board at a pivotal time in our development. We have a new Senior Management Team in place who are responsible for developing and expanding our services.
You will ensure the highest standards of governance in policies and practice related to employee relations, recruitment, retention, performance management, reward and recognition as well as staff and trustee development.
User Voice’s core belief is that rehabilitation only happens when everyone in the criminal justice system shares responsibility for transforming the ‘us vs. them’ division into real collaboration.
We believe in transformation powered by experience, and are committed to making the criminal justice system work for everyone. We believe that with the right opportunity, encouragement and support everybody can change. Only offenders can stop re-offending…
- To review and recommend current and future strategic resourcing, training and development and annual budgets and plans to the trustee board.
- To actively contribute to policy setting, strategic direction, goal and target setting, and evaluate performance against targets, budgets, plans and charitable objectives.
- To ensure that HR activities and interventions are linked to the company’s charitable objectives and complement the company culture.
- To ensure the Trustee Board monitors and reviews the performance of the company’s Chief Executive, rewards performance accordingly and identifies appropriate development opportunities..
- To monitor whether the service complies with its governing document and standards and if the needs of the beneficiaries are being met.
- Experience of performance management, HR/employment law issues and implementing them contextually
- Willingness to actively participate in discussions concerning needs of company’s beneficiaries, staff and the trustee board
- Willingness to act in the best interest of the charity while adhering the Nolan principles of public life
- Sound, independent judgement and aability to think creatively
- Working effectively as a team member and demonstrating a willingness to learn and develop
- Willingness to act in the best interest of the charity
- Working effectively as a team member and demonstrating a willingness to learn and develop.
- Strong intellectual and analytical ability; innovative thinker and ability to focus on issues requiring action
- Experience in the charitable or voluntary sector
- Experience of charity law and governance
For further information contact our HR Manager Derek Sweeney