RoleTitle: Volunteer Office Assistant (non paid)
Hours:16 hours (Estimate depending on availability)
Start: Mid February 2017 (Estimate depending on availability)
Duration: 3 to 6 months
FORWARD UK is looking for a Volunteer that will get exposure to the working charity office environment. You should be a fast learner entry Administrator.willing to take challenges and various task as requested by the changing needs of our office.
To ensure effective administrative support and office operations support functions to guarantee to smooth running of the office. You will be an organised and efficient individual that enjoys assisting with office duties
a) Office administration
· Carry out administrative associated duties as may arise or be assigned.
· Provide administrative support to the office as required.
· Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member
· Take and distribute accurate messages
· Greet public and clients and direct them to the correct staff member
· Coordinate messenger and courier service
· Forward information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information.
· Maintain supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations.
· Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation; monitoring and purchasing meter fund
· Maintain office schedule by organising picking-up and delivering items when required.
· Serve customers by backing-up reception; answering questions; forwarding messages; confirming the support of external queries; keeping others informed
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and training as necessary.
· Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Work on manual and computerized office systems; filing and maintaining databases.
· Undertake general office duties, including dealing with post, faxes and internal and external e-mail enquiries; drafting and sending standard letters on behalf of the Executive Director;
· Do photocopying and collating papers and mailings; arranging for documents to be printed/bulk printing arrangements;
· Monitor stocks of basic items, for example stationery, paper, toner etc ordering stationery, periodicals, books, equipment and other items
· Provide basic level ICT support to the organisation, in liaison with the HR Liaison Manager
· Assist with the organisation of FORWARD conferences, training seminars and other events, including arranging dates and venues; organising refreshments and other requirements; taking bookings and dealing with enquiries.
· Assist with the organisation of staff travel arrangements.
· Assist with the taking of minutes and notes at meetings.
· Support logistics for all meetings with catering and preparation of board papers, equipment and others as necessary.
b) Other General responsibilities
· Undertake any general enquiry work; advice and support where needed
· Comply with FORWARD’s Equal Opportunities and Health and safety policies
· Abide by organisational policies, code of conduct and practices.
· Attend relevant training in order to fulfil the requirements of the job.
Skills and Qualifications:
Office Experience - General, Scheduling, Telephone Skills, Typing, Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Dependability, Attention to Detail, Administrative Writing Skills
To apply please send your CV and a short statement of interest.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.