Are you keen to gain experience of making written, audio or video content? Do you have an inquisitive mind and an interest in technology products? We are looking for volunteers who have an enthusiasm for technology that’s helpful for disabled people and want to talk about it. If you are someone that has a disability, lives with or supports a disabled technology user, then we really would like to hear from you.
About Assistive Solutions
Assistive Solutions is Scope’s new approach to assistive technology. We know that access to technologies like computers, tablets, mobile phones and the Internet are essential for many things in modern life. With access comes opportunity and we want to tell everyone about Assistive Solutions that could work for them and help to fulfil their aspirations.
Main purpose of the role
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers with enquiring minds to work with our Assistive Solutions Team to test and review technology and software products.
Your main role will be trying out products or combinations of products and creating video, audio or written reviews about them. You will be a vital part of Scope’s online and outreach presence, providing views, ratings and opinions on technology products that disabled people may be able to take advantage of.
Range of tasks to be carried out
- Providing professional reviews on equipment that you have product tested.
- To product test products to the full potential of their limitations.
- Communicate and liaise with other members of the Assistive Solutions Team.
- Creating video, audio and written reviews about products tested.
- Research new and emerging products.
- To support other colleagues within the Digital/IT department if requested by your Volunteer Manager.
Your usual hours and timeframe
We would like your help as a volunteer up to one to two days per week.
You will be home based with occasional travel to Scope’s Head Office in London when necessary and with prior consultation.
How we will support you (including reasonable adjustments)
- You will be welcomed with an induction.
- Relevant training and practical training for the role will be provided.
- Regular one to one support with your volunteering manager.
- Technical assistance from colleagues in the team will be available.
- We will make reasonable adjustments to this role if required.
What we are looking for
- Ability to work on your own initiative, with remote support.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiastic approach to technology products and willingness to explore their features.
- Friendly and proactive approach.
- Attention to detail for reviews and report writing.
- Good IT skills and familiarity with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of AAC (Augmentative Alternative Communication) devices, Software and Assistive Technology.
- Knowledge about and use of social media platforms (desirable).
- Comfortable with creating content that will be published on the Internet
What commitment we expect
- A willingness to attend and participate in meetings and training in relation to your role where appropriate.
- A commitment to support the work of Scope and represent scope in a positive way.
- To maintain confidentiality and to operate within the policies and procedures of Scope.
- To value and respect the rights of disabled people.
- To meet time commitments and standards agreed, and give reasonable notice when unavailable, so other arrangements can be made.
How will you benefit
- The opportunity to provide knowledge and skills to disabled people and their families. Health professionals and all other professionals.
- The opportunity to test technology products and talk about them to a wide audience.
- To make a positive difference to the lives of the UK's 13 million disabled people.
- Develop your own skills and learn new ones.
- Gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting disabled people.
- Valuable experience for your CV.
- Fulfilment - knowing that your involvement will make a real difference to disabled people and their families.