We require an enthusiastic individual to support with admin tasks for the busy Volunteering Team‘s engagement activities, including our events programme, recognition activities and communications.
Why we need you:
The Volunteering Engagement Team manage events, resources and communications to recognise, reward and inspire our volunteers. At Cancer Research UK, every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person.
Be part of our inspiring team and volunteer with us.
What will I be doing?
Responsibilities are likely to include:
- Logging/collating volunteer award nominations
- Logging/collating volunteer case study information
- Proof reading of materials and communications
- Preparing events materials – presentations, certificates, goody bags, name badges, etc.
- Organising mailings, i.e. invitations or post-event correspondence
- Updating our databases
- Supporting our team with other ad hoc administrative tasks
What skills do I need?
- Strong office support/administrative support experience
- Confidence in using basic PC applications/databases
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills for building relationships with staff and volunteers
- An interest in working in the charity sector/event management sector
What support will we give you?
- You will work alongside the Volunteering Engagement team who will support you and ensure you have all the training and resources you need to carry out your role effectively.
- You will be supported by the Volunteering Engagement Executive and will have regular one to one meetings with them to talk through what you’re working on and to update on the progress.
- You will receive a full induction into our team and team members will be able to offer guidance and support.
- You will be given training on in-house databases.
What benefits can I expect?
- You will receive a full induction in to Cancer Research UK and the Volunteering department.
- Development within the highly competitive not-for-profit sector, in a successful and experienced team.
- The experience of working at one of the UK’s leading charities.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills, particularly within large scale event co-ordination.
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of a vibrant team!
- Volunteers can claim agreed travel expenses.
Flexible! Ideally, we’d like you to be able to volunteer with us for 1-2 days per week to fit alongside your other commitments. We are also willing to consider someone who is only available on a short term basis.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our offices in Angel, London.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.