WANT TO EMPOWER YOUNG PEOPLE TO BECOME ACTIVE CITIZENS FOR OUR PLANET?
To help our future leaders, policy makers and decision makers feel more:
- Ready to take action
You can become one of our School Workshop Facilitators to help us deliver conservation education for young people in London.
ABOUT VOLUNTEERS FOR FUTURE
Our vision is to help young people feel inspired, empowered and better informed through increasing their access to conservation education. We work in partnership with the very best conservation organisations to boost their educational outreach through volunteers to reach young people in their communities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- We are looking for volunteers to join our fantastic team to help deliver workshops to primary schools in London. These are a mixture of in-person delivery at the schools, and remote delivery via Zoom.
- We focus on wildlife conservation, habitat protection and climate change – to deepen young people’s knowledge, enable them to explore their own values and attitudes, and develop key skills so that they feel empowered to take part in positive action.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Be part of a small team of like-minded volunteers to deliver short workshops to primary school classes, sometimes to several classes at a time.
- Increase your own knowledge and grow in confidence and your ability to engage the imaginations of young people in a professional and fun manner.
- Each workshop has been prepared in advance and includes interactive educational content, a mixture of short talks and fun activities.
- Our workshops are currently focused on Key Stages 1 & 2, so children will be aged between 5-11.
You do not need to be an expert on conservation and the environment. We will provide all the training, materials and resources that you will need. What you need to be is:
- Passionate about building a better world for our communities, wildlife and the environment.
- A good communicator and confident public speaker.
- Comfortable and enthusiastic to work with children.
- Based in London
If you like to volunteer we’ll need you to:
- Complete a short application form through our website.
- Meet our founder, Laura for a chat over Zoom - to help us ensure this opportunity best meets your interests, time and experience
- Ideally we’d like you to be able to commit to delivering 1-2 workshops per month (approx 4-6 hours in total per month inc. travel to schools)
- Please note – all volunteers will be required to complete a DBS check
Thank you for your interest. We will contact you regarding the next step in the application process.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.