The purpose of your role is to assist the work party at Ufton Fields to carry out a wide variety of practical tasks to maintain and enhance the reserve.
Tasks you will be involved with
- Tasks vary throughout the year, ranging from meadow cutting in the summer to hedge laying and scrub clearance in the winter.
Skills and abilities required
- No prior experience is needed, as full training is provided.
- You should bring suitable footwear and waterproof clothing; all tools and safety equipment will be provided.
- Please be aware of the physical nature of practical work and the requirement to work alongside mechanical and powered equipment.
- A willingness to work outside in all weather and in remote locations.
- An understanding of the importance of health and safety in the environment described.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Please note: If you require assistance in your everyday life you will need to attend with someone who can support you throughout the session as it is essential that people are able to take responsibility for their own health and safety.
Bring a packed lunch, drink, sun cream and insect repellent.
You will be based at
Ufton Fields Nature reserve, Ufton, Southam, CV33 9PU
Times/days we would like you to be available
We meet fortnightly on Tuesday's from 10am - 1pm.
Your free taster sessions
14th & 28th May, 25th June, 9th & 23rd July, 6th & 20th Aug, 3rd & 17th Sep, 1st, 15th & 29th Oct, 12th & 26th Nov, 10th Dec, 21st Jan 2020, 4th & 18th Feb 2020 and 3rd Mar 2020.
You can come along to one or more of these sessions. There is no minimum commitment required, just simply turn up, enjoy yourself and come back if you would like to do more. Following a session, you are more than welcome to volunteer with the group going forward.
Benefits to you
- Contribute to the conservation of our beautiful nature reserves.
- Learn new skills.
- Meet like-minded people.
- Get some fresh air and exercise.